overriding PTO

Magooevans

New User
Can you and if so how do you override the PTO but still use the 3pt lift arms? I read a post on here that the to30 has overriding PTO is this what he meant.I just don't like the PTO running all the time and having to use the clutch every time you want to raise something. I have a 1954 TO30.
 
In short No that was not what was meant.

The TO-30 does not have live hydraulics. Thus oil pump is powered by the PTO shaft. Thus, only way to raise the lift is with the PTO turning.

Now that said, Here is an option.

1) for around $10.00 you can get a PTO cover. This is a metal cap that screws over the PTO external shaft, completely sealing it off from contact.

The Over-riding PTO clutch is a devise that is a highly recommended safety devise used with high momentum PTO driven implements, such as brush cutters and other mowers. The devise only allows rotational power to go one way through the PTO shaft. With out one the rotational momentum of a mower can power the drive wheels of the tractor propelling the tractor forward even with the engine clutch and breaks depressed.

Jeff
 
Here is a picture of the ORC. Over-riding PTO clutch.
0271122.jpg
 
I bought one of these at TSC and it cost about $59.
If you're running old equipment that has a 1 1/8" shaft, you can buy an ORC that has a 1 3/8" input, 1 1/8" output, but they are expensive - c. $95 to $110. I found it cheaper to r & r the yoke on my old brush hog. That cost c.$65, labor and material.
 
Go to the top of this page(search) and type in Zane Thang,then go to post #5 and click on the link. I guess Zane is still around.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top