P68 komatsu dozer

M Stepan

New User
1990 model year. Is there anyone who can tell me more about this particular model P68. How many were made. Did komatsu build this dozer? Aftermarket model ? Any help greatly appreciated. 🙂

1990 model year. Is there anyone who can tell me more about this particular model P68. How many were made. Did komatsu build this dozer? Aftermarket model ? Any help greatly appreciated. 🙂
Perhaps you mean Komatsu D68P-1 or D68E-1? Both of these models were made from about 1988 - 1992.

Yes. The D68P-1. Why was it made only 4 Year's though? What are the values of this machine in good condition or bad condition. Thank you! 👍

Yes. The D68P-1. Why was it made only 4 Year's though? What are the values of this machine in good condition or bad condition. Thank you! 👍
Oh man, I am far from a Komatsu, of that era, expert (joined Cat in 88). I will say that generally Komatsu dozers are well built (good competition to Cat), but don’t have quite the product support (parts & technical information) of the similar era Cat machines.

That being said, all older dozers can be valued wildly different, based on their condition. The bottom line is that major repairs (for any brand) will far exceed their (repaired) market value. When that happens, machines that have badly worn tracks or significant power train issues are valued at essentially scrap iron pricing.

So… A careful inspection of the entire undercarriage system, and verification that the machine operates properly is very important to determine value.

You can check out Richie Bros website to see what similar machines have sold for recently… but keep in mind, that it’s really all about condition.

Good luck!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back