paint compatibility

waclar

I have a 44 Special that I am painting. It has been painted with a coat of primer. I have PPG/Omni acrylic enamel for the final color and coat/coats. I bought some Majic exterior oil base enamel from Tractor Supply to do a light coat on back of hood,fenders, sprayed most of tractor with a light 80% coverage coat. Question will the PPG acrylic enamel have any problems sticking to the oil based enamel? Hope not. Thanks in advance.

Did you use the Majic gloss hardener with the Majic paint? I would never recommend using different brands of paint on top of one another. You could try painting a small piece first to see how it reacts, use the gloss hardener (with a good respirator) with any acrylic enamel paint. It makes the paint much more durable, and last much longer.

I didn't use any hardener with the Majic paint. I will use a small area to test the different paint. Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back