Part numbers

lars

Member
Looking for a web site that has Massey Ferguson parts showing Massey part number, by model and year.
 
(quoted from post at 22:11:31 01/29/22) Looking for a web site that has Massey Ferguson parts showing Massey part number, by model and year.

Are you looking for parts for specific equipment? Or do you have parts you are trying to identify?

To find parts for a given machine the Massey parts books are on line at http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/ .

They are on that site by manufacturer, model and serial number where applicable. They do not use years.

I don't know of an online "master" catalog that you can use to ID random part numbers. Dealers likely have access to such.
 
Correcting for clarity:

What I see more in life than about anything else, so far as effed up:

Google hasn't done a great job at educating people about their products. And their search is antiquated imo. People do not know how to truly search it. And even their advance search tool looks like it was coded in 1996.

I would recommend digging into some Google search tips and tricks. Particularly wildcards. But quoting ("must include") is also very powerful. And don't stick to just one quote, you can have multiples.

If you happen to be searching a company database directly, try wildcards there too... takes some figuring out. But test out unix, sql and even regex characters. It's easier than ordering the wrong part... I can attest to that ;)

Quick lesson:

I hate bats hit

and

"I hate bats hit"

Are entirely different searches

Also,

"Bats" "Hit" on my car

is a great way to tell google you need "Bats" and "hit"

This post was edited by 62MF35Utility on 02/01/2022 at 05:12 am.
 
In many cases dealers had/have access to master catalogs that one can look up a part number and see the part name and where it was used. So if you had a NOS part in hand, with a part number tag on it, but don't know what it is; you could look the number up and identify it. Kind of like a reverse phone number look up. That is what I was asking lars if he was looking for in the second part of my response. The John Deere online parts catalog can do that for many of their parts. If that is what he is looking for, I very much doubt Google will do what he wants.
 
I you have a part # for a old part, another source is the Parts Depot, Chilton WI. Go to their site and part # can be searched to see if they have it. They don't sell direct, but available through their dealers. Many Implement dealers are connected with the Depot, but the Problem is When I call a Dealer if a Part is available, parts person will check with the brand they sell like Agco and won't bother to check if the Depot has it. I see this happening all the time and not at just one dealer. So I will will look on line my self to see if its available. The depot has 3 locations in the US and is a collection source for old parts. If part is available thru them,site will tell what location that has the part and quantity available.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top