parts diagram for Case D

formerly ny bill

Any place online to find a parts diagram for a Case D? Can't find it on messick's site. I broke the drain pipe off the radiator, and am having no luck with any easy out I have tried. Maybe if the radiator was out, I could drill on the stub. I got the 2 bolts out on the radiator top, but the 2 on the bottom act like they want to break off rather than turn. Ideas?

Did you try looking at Messicks for a model DC instead? Seems I found a parts diagram there before. And I had the radiator bolts break on my D and DC when I tried to remove them. Had to drill them out and chase the threads. Same thing on the drain tube as well

https://www.messicks.com/cas/145368Link to parts
Screenshot_20240328-112625.png

Any place online to find a parts diagram for a Case D? Can't find it on messick's site. I broke the drain pipe off the radiator, and am having no luck with any easy out I have tried. Maybe if the radiator was out, I could drill on the stub. I got the 2 bolts out on the radiator top, but the 2 on the bottom act like they want to break off rather than turn. Ideas?
This is from my parts book for serial No. 5600000 and after. I hope it can help you out.

Attachments

• 20240328_112709.jpg
    20240328_112709.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240328_112753.jpg
    20240328_112753.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
Thanks, all. The serial number is 5524972 DO. I think J Hamilton's method is going to win. The parts diagrams confirmed what I thought I was looking at.
Trying to get the old bus ready for a plow day. Dad had a D when I was in Jr High.

Remove the radiator, .Obtain the drill bit that removes what is left of the 1/4" pipe nipple, Retap t he boss on the bottom of the radiator. Yes this process takes longer, but your not spending$$$$$ on the bottom radiator core , which is still available. Do not ask me how I know this {Tractor Humor} Chuck Machinist

the good news: the 2 cap screws unscrewed after a little penetrating oil and a modest amount of heat on the casting. Plus not caring if they broke.
the other news: will the lower radiator hose slide down the angle pipe if I try harder, or does the lower pipe have to come off, or what? The hose looks real good, so I hate to cut it. Top end of hose is loose- bottom isn't.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back