paslode frame nail gun 900420, imct

wfw

bought a paslode portable framing nail gun at a good price from a friend. he said it worked when he got it but it has been sitting for awhile. Battery was beyond charging, I replaced it. bought a new gas cylinder for it and some nails. It has a led in the handle that is supposed to light up when you plug in the battery but is does not come on. I have tried to clean the terminals but they are hard to get to. I am thinking the electronics part has gone bad but no way to test that I know of. I can get the part online, $40 dollars or more. between the cost of the battery and what I paid for it($50) I have $70 in not including the gas cylinder and the nails. Has anyone had any experience repairing one of these? If I buy the part and that fixes it then I will have a portable framing nailer for about $100. I am not a carpenter, I am 65 and have lung cancer so I am never going back to work. I do have a degree in electronic engineering (aas), but would like to have this working. If I get working it will eventually go to my son. Any advise is greatly appreciated in advance.

Hello wfw,

It sounds like a bad electrical contact at the gun. Does the battery have good voltage? It is 6 cell 7.2 volt NiCad. Led light comes on only after you press the trigger? I can't recall. You need to get creative and get down to the terminals to clean them. Some emery cloth at the end of a screwdriver maybe?

Guido.

They aren't hard to repair. My guess is dirty contact or a bad battery. I would take it apart, clean the contact points and test the switches first. Clean and oil the big O ring or replace it. Do test that new battery.

Battery is brand new and fully charged. I guess I was not clear on that. I have tried to clean the battery contacts inside the nail gun but cannot tell if i got the clean or not. I guess I need to take it apart and then be sure they are clean. Also there is a rubber pad missing from behind one of the battery connectors inside the gun and that will give me a chance to replace it. One good thing is I have the manuals that came with it, which includes a part breakdown with all the part numbers.

Light on the handle will flash green if the battery is good. A lw battery the light will flash red. Mine quit working last spring and the light flashes but when you try to nail with it nothing happens. I have not done anything to it yet. I was in the middle of a job here and I just went and bought a cheap air one from Menards. I think there is a switch that when you push the safety down to nil it trips it and that may be bad

Good tool when new, but expensive to use. I bought a couple when I was contracting for 'out of the way spots' and roof sheathing - way better than hoses and Bostich nailers. Then they went south quickly. Too much hassle on warranty, turfed them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back