Perkins 540 water pump.

Hi Guys
Has anybody managed to dismantle a Perkins 540 V8 water pump without destroying it? It is the one with the two shafts. The shaft with the impeller needs to be pushed out of the larger shaft with the bearings on it, Mine seem almost impossible to shift. Any ideas on how I can do it? I have access to a hydolic press. Dont want to break it and I am not sure that the body of the pump can withstand the force from the press.
Thanks
Bill
 
The water pump that I believe you are working on should have a casting number of #37711030? It only has one shaft in the pump though. You should be able to take out the snap ring and press the shaft out the top end of the pump. There should be 2 pilot bearings that have a steel tube for a spacer in the middle. The bearings press off with the pulley end of the shaft pointin up.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top