Perkins block adapters

hfdzl

New User
I have an Allis Chalmers 614 industrial forklift with Buda gas engine which is stuck, I am not going to repair it. I believe a Perkins 3.152 was also in this lift. I have a 4.236 Perkins available to me. Are the rear adapter bolt patterns the same? on the Perkins? Or suggestions as where to find this information? I know that Massey also used Perkins diesels.

Thanks

I don't think they are the same. Perkins 3.152 and 4.203 engines in MF applications used an adapter plate on the block rear, never saw a plate used on Perkins 4.236/4.248 blocks.

That's interesting, maybe he could trade the 236 for 153 which I think would be a better choice for the forklift application, or a 203.

Length from fan hub to rear block face is 26 1/2. 28 in. still gives me a couple in. to the radiator. I am junking right now, this would be a trade/swap with the scrap dealer for my clean up. I need more photos and should find the actual adapter plates for comparison so I can fab something. I know that if I call Perkins the standard answer will be laughter on the other end. Most dealers seem not want to deal with anything over 10 yrs. old.

More to it besides bolting up to the transmission.

There can be all sorts of changes, front mounts, pump mounts, etc.

Forklifts are notoriously tight fits, not much room for adaption. Imagine all the possibilities before buying!

This is the major hurdle. I have the room. The pump, front mounts are very minor problems I can make a plate if I have to to adapt. The answers are out there.
Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back