Pic from Old, sharing to the crowd

GermantownGreen

Pic from Old. The baling machine!

cvphoto128441.jpg

Pretty nice looking machine! GG

1955 Oliver S88 with a NH850 round baler behind it. Did 4 bales yesterday which you can see in the picture. It starts so hard you cannot get your hand off the start button fast enough. LOL

Old. Very nice looking equipment. BTW. Are you selling the bales for extra $$$$. Thanks for posting GG. Wingnut

I put in a lot of seat time on a Super88. Dad had 4 88 / Super88 diesels through the years when I was growing up. Only 1 was a wide front. Needed a narrow front to mount the 74H corn picker. The Super88 was his big tractor till he got a new 1800. We thought that was the cat's meow! About the same time we traded the old AC round baler for a new Massey square baler. Meow, meow!

When I got this S88 years ago it was a narrow front. I later picked up an 88 diesel with the wide front that is now on the S88. The diesel 88 had an injector pump that I was told was off a 1750 or some such so bigger then it should have been. I traded it off for a number of things and never looked back at getting rid of the diesel 88. Wide front works better for baling hay

I forgot this. The one time I did a pull with this S88 a guy pointed out a bracket on the belly of it and he told me tat was from a mounted corn picker so at one time this had a corn picker on it.

I bought a Super 88 diesel when I was a freshman in high school and had it until a little after I graduated high school. Out of all the tractors I've had that is one I really wish I still had.

Good looking Oliver! I recently got an 88 that has an 880 motor. Live PTO is great for mowing or bailing with these old tractors. Here is mine on a mowing job.
cvphoto128456.jpg

Yes I love the independent live PTO on the Oliver tractors. When I did square bales I used my Oliver 77 and it sure was nicer then using a Ford 841S

I could never find a right gear on those transmission levers with that double neutral on them. Seemed odd to me. than I grew up on an H and D-4 Cat. Cat for heavy work like plowing and the H for planting and light work.

Really it is as simple as looking at the gear plate and deciding to be in the low set or high side, so simple enough Hadley is 11, he's got it figured out, and Kelsey is 14, they understand get in the low side to back up, or for close work. Then they bump up into the high side for roading in the pasture or field 3rd or
4th gear. GG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back