Pics of my refreshed TO-35

In a recent forum exchange I offered to post some pictures of my TO35 after a 6-month stay in my shop. This tractor came from Mentor, Ohio, where it was originally purchased in 1955. The seller was the second owner, having acquired the tractor some 25 years ago when he bought a part of the Meister estate. The tractor had been purchased as a gift for Gilbert Meister, co-founder of the American Fruit Grower Publishing Company and its magazine (still published) American Fruit Grower. The seller said the tractor was stored in a shed on the property and showed about 440 hours on the tractormeter. He said he had used it occasionally for chores around the property and claimed everything worked. He was right. From the feel of the gears, the clutch, the steering, the 3-pt hitch, and everything else mechanical, the tractor feels new.

Over the winter I cleaned up the body panels (painted gray), replaced the corroded gas tank, and tended to other minor electrical issues with a new harness. Left to do are the wheels which will have to wait till fall. The tractor carries its original tires, in good usable condition. Generator and starter are original to the tractor.

As to performance, the tractor is lithe, powerful,and superbly engineered. It will sustain PTO speed in 2-high going up a slope while driving a 6-ft Bush Hog mower. Lots of little extras that make it a joy to drive. On the empty license plate holder -- I bought a rusty 1954 Ohio farm plate on eBay and sent it off to Darry's Plate restorations SIX MONTHS AGO. He's a nice guy for sure, but six months is a little ridiculous. I hope I get the plate back at all. Fortunately I bought a pair!

Pictures attached.

Bill
mvphoto16869.jpg

mvphoto16870.jpg

mvphoto16871.jpg

mvphoto16872.jpg

mvphoto16873.jpg

mvphoto16874.jpg

mvphoto16875.jpg

mvphoto16876.jpg
Could you tell me the number off of the starter? I am needing a new one and cant seem to find one.

In a recent forum exchange I offered to post some pictures of my TO35 after a 6-month stay in my shop. This tractor came from Mentor, Ohio, where it was originally purchased in 1955. The seller was the second owner, having acquired the tractor some 25 years ago when he bought a part of the Meister estate. The tractor had been purchased as a gift for Gilbert Meister, co-founder of the American Fruit Grower Publishing Company and its magazine (still published) American Fruit Grower. The seller said the tractor was stored in a shed on the property and showed about 440 hours on the tractormeter. He said he had used it occasionally for chores around the property and claimed everything worked. He was right. From the feel of the gears, the clutch, the steering, the 3-pt hitch, and everything else mechanical, the tractor feels new.

Over the winter I cleaned up the body panels (painted gray), replaced the corroded gas tank, and tended to other minor electrical issues with a new harness. Left to do are the wheels which will have to wait till fall. The tractor carries its original tires, in good usable condition. Generator and starter are original to the tractor.

As to performance, the tractor is lithe, powerful,and superbly engineered. It will sustain PTO speed in 2-high going up a slope while driving a 6-ft Bush Hog mower. Lots of little extras that make it a joy to drive. On the empty license plate holder -- I bought a rusty 1954 Ohio farm plate on eBay and sent it off to Darry's Plate restorations SIX MONTHS AGO. He's a nice guy for sure, but six months is a little ridiculous. I hope I get the plate back at all. Fortunately I bought a pair!

Pictures attached.

Bill
mvphoto16869.jpg

mvphoto16870.jpg

mvphoto16871.jpg

mvphoto16872.jpg

mvphoto16873.jpg

mvphoto16874.jpg

mvphoto16875.jpg

mvphoto16876.jpg
Hi, beautiful tractor, I operated these tractors when I was young, TO-20, TEA-20, MF-35 I still have a 1966 MF-135. I see a spinning knob on your steering wheel I assume that there is no power steering, not seeing PS pump side of engine. When I was young spinning knob was a NO-NO it was called "wrist breaker" if the front wheels hit a trench or ground hog hole the steering wheel will turn unexpectively fast and may hit your hand. Especially when plowing we keep our thumb out off outer part off the steering wheel to avoid thumb hitted by the spokes. If power steering there is no problem using spinner knob. This is not my intention to critic, just some memories of dolorous experiences.

Joe

Last edited:
Could you tell me the number off of the starter? I am needing a new one and cant seem to find one.
Welcome to the forums.

Lurayfarmer hasn't posted in 4 years so it is not likely he will see your request. A number of people will just pass on by an old post like this. Others will not recognize your post and will reply to the original poster, as Joe Ferguson did here.

I suggest you start your own thread, rather than tag on to an old thread. Give the details of your tractor, include which engine you have, and make your request.

Welcome to the forums.

Lurayfarmer hasn't posted in 4 years so it is not likely he will see your request. A number of people will just pass on by an old post like this. Others will not recognize your post and will reply to the original poster, as Joe Ferguson did here.

I suggest you start your own thread, rather than tag on to an old thread. Give the details of your tractor, include which engine you have, and make your request.

Thank you Jim to waking me up i forgot to check the first post date may be a senior moment.....!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back