Pictured of the day

guido

What's wrong with this picture?

Guido
IMG_20240417_160514555~2.jpg

Well... the negative could be reversed ?
NOPE! if you look real close there are 2 welds for each side. All the other 3 sides welded too! Way too much work for something that jut turns when the wind blows, AND has no directional gismo to show wind direction.

I will painted it, and call it done!!!!

Guido.

My mother had a weather vane similar to that. It came in a box and you put the N-S and the E-W on the rod as you assembled it. It just slid together. I bet someone decided it needed a few welds before they realized their mistake.

My mother had a weather vane similar to that. It came in a box and you put the N-S and the E-W on the rod as you assembled it. It just slid together. I bet someone decided it needed a few welds before they realized their mistake.
I looked at the welds. They look all the same. Not likely a home job. Anyhow it's just an lawn ornament. It does not show wind direction,

Guido.

You are right! I took another look after I cleaned it to paint it. It looks like the pieces interlock, n and s east and west. If I would take out the top two, n and s, turn it 180 it would be right.
Way too thin and rusty, I will just paint it. Hopefully I will find something to make the missing cup. I need something round 2.5 inches that I can cut in half,

Guido.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back