Playing in the carb shack today!

GB in MT.

[b:3cbb616d80][i:3cbb616d80]
After a 3 1/2 yr. delay, I actually had a chance to work on a 'cast Iron, antique Zenith carb.
Felt good to be back out there!!
I talked 'Scout B'....a member here on YT...into letting me have this
Model 101 to play with. Gonna try to get it working on Hermie the 2N.
It was still working on Scott's 9N when he bought the tractor.
Here is as far as I got today, but hoping to get more time on it as I am still taking care of the wife, which takes much of the day!

The kits for these things are very sparse for everything except for gaskets, so am gonna have to 'Farmerize' things to put it all back together. ( I HOPE)!!!! :roll:

FUN STUFF!!?????

Gary :wink: [/i:3cbb616d80][/b:3cbb616d80]

(quoted from post at 22:19:46 06/14/17) Sweet! I have your address. Expect many more! :lol:
b:934aa51fd8][i:934aa51fd8]
Who ARE you, AND where the heck did ya get THAT idea???????
You got it.......You keep it!!!! :lol:

Gary :lol: :lol: [/i:934aa51fd8][/b:934aa51fd8]

(quoted from post at 22:56:55 06/14/17) Might try mcdonaldcarb.com for parts

Thank's for the site listing, but Zenith full kit not avail. there. Cast iron Zenith mod. 101 not listed at that site either!!

He has the same kit as almost everyone I've tried. Most kits only have gaskets and adj. needles.....I need a comp. kit with shafts and jets.
NO CAN FIND!!!

Gary

GB,Its good to see you get your fingers dirty again (smile), and tell Less we hope her wing heals fast so she can keep you in a row!

Hey, I've seen those parts before! I had the same problem finding parts so I picked up a used MS and had Royse work his magic on it.
How do you like that brazed flange? I spent an hour on that thing with a file to get the sealing surface flat again.
I hope Hermie likes it when you're done with it. :D My best to Leslie, I hope she's all healed up soon.

(quoted from post at 21:31:13 06/15/17)
Hey, I've seen those parts before! I had the same problem finding parts so I picked up a used MS and had Royse work his magic on it.
How do you like that brazed flange? I spent an hour on that thing with a file to get the sealing surface flat again.
I hope Hermie likes it when you're done with it. :D My best to Leslie, I hope she's all healed up soon.
b:44173cc57e][i:44173cc57e]

Scott;
You did an outstanding job putting that flange back together. Should hold for a good long time!
I've searched all over, and cannot find throttle rods, choke rods, and went looking for the sizing for the jets, to NO, avail. I have not yet even located a Zenith outfit, that has even heard of a Model 101 Zenith. Must have been kinda like a promo carb., at the time that Bendix Corp. was starting up the Zenith dept.???

Gary ( and off we go!!!!!)[/i:44173cc57e][/b:44173cc57e]

(quoted from post at 23:18:27 06/15/17)
b:1452f221fc][i:1452f221fc]

Scott;
You did an outstanding job putting that flange back together. Should hold for a good long time!
I've searched all over, and cannot find throttle rods, choke rods, and went looking for the sizing for the jets, to NO, avail. I have not yet even located a Zenith outfit, that has even heard of a Model 101 Zenith. Must have been kinda like a promo carb., at the time that Bendix Corp. was starting up the Zenith dept.???

Gary ( and off we go!!!!!)[/i:1452f221fc][/b:1452f221fc]
Quietly snickering in my corner... :p

(quoted from post at 23:31:24 06/15/17)
(quoted from post at 23:18:27 06/15/17)
b:fac712d2c3][i:fac712d2c3]

Scott;

Gary ( and off we go!!!!!)[/i:fac712d2c3][/b:fac712d2c3]
Quietly snickering in my corner... :p

Well you did say he needed something to do. :lol:

I put two carbs in a box years ago meaning to send em to you-- found em
last week under the bench in the garage. I got the money if you got the
time.

DRCA, Gary's not rebuilding them any more but if
you still need them rebuilt, I can do them for you.
My email should be open via YT.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back