Majorman

cvphoto163169.jpg

I wish my ploughs looked as good as this Ransomes one.
Ransomes Trailed Plough

Four furrow trailed with skimmers on each board, separate shares & points, board extensions on both the regular boards and skimmers, replaceable shares on the skimmers, lots of adjustment.... Oh boy, that has me drooling. That would really knock the socks off your arse at a vintage plowing match.

That was the standard setup when I learnt to plough but, today, most ploughs just have trash boards which do little to turn in surface rubbish. Those skimmers, known as SN, are the ones I have on two of my mounted ploughs and the trash goes at the bottom of the furrow and is covered.

Yup and if you plow corn stalks right behind the combine they all pllug up so bad they would make a priest swear. Junk all those cover boards skimmer and coulters just use the frog with the hardware on it so the stalks can flow through and leave some on top to catch the snow and blowing dirt. IT will work down in spring fine. Coulters never go dep enough to cut the stalks off or at least deep enough to push it below the point so it will not plug up. Plowing down 200 bushel stalks is a challenge for any plow.those little 12 and 14 inch plows will just wish for less trash. We plowed with 18 inch bottoms for it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back