Plow day happened

formerly ny bill

The weather cooperated today. 8 tractors, although my 240 blew a hydraulic hose at the start. First P D that I had to sit out, just took some pictures.
KIMG0698rev.JPG

KIMG0674 - Copy.JPG

KIMG0660 - Copy.JPG

KIMG0661 - Copy.JPG

KIMG0694 - Copy.JPG

Rain held off, we had a good time, several spectators, and a great lunch from my wife Linda.

At least it looks like they know how to set a plow and get it level and deep enough. Doesn't look like each guy was making a pass like most look like around here that i've seen. All trying to plow as close to the sun as they can so it looks like about all they did was mess up the trash on the top.

At least it looks like they know how to set a plow and get it level and deep enough. Doesn't look like each guy was making a pass like most look like around here that i've seen. All trying to plow as close to the sun as they can so it looks like about all they did was mess up the trash on the top.
All the plows this year were well outfitted. Some years, a worn out plow will appear that doesn't want to go in the ground. Another thing I have found was the spring after a custom harvester chopped the corn the fall before, where the trucks left tire tracks, the ground would push even new plowshares up out of the ground.

Is this field one that one of the participants owns or rents?
We’ve been fortunate to have found cooperating land owners in the last few years I’ve been around.
I’ve been giving a lot of thought to formulating strategies for getting sites lined up to use in our area.
The guys that have been organizing these for us are getting on in age and I foresee taking on the task.

Is this field one that one of the participants owns or rents?
We’ve been fortunate to have found cooperating land owners in the last few years I’ve been around.
I’ve been giving a lot of thought to formulating strategies for getting sites lined up to use in our area.
The guys that have been organizing these for us are getting on in age and I foresee taking on the task.
fields are all part of my farm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back