Porter Cable makes Good Drills!

Today I plugged in a drill and it worked like New ... It had been laying on the back of My Jeep for at least 12 yrs. forgotten , under , Tires , cans buckets and scrap metal ,,.. in all the weather this Louisville area can dish Out! I had wondered What ever happened to that drill .. And Now It is Back on the shelf.

I worked for a different company also owned by the same parent company that owned Porter-Cable Cable. We got tool sales 4-5 times a year, great discounts, so I have LOTS & LOTS of Porter-Cable tools. They may not be as good as Milwaukee but I bought lots of stuff at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of Milwaukee. I've never had one fail. All 3 of my air compressors are Porter-Cable, a 80 gallon 2-stage 7-1/2 hp, it's been great, I've done lots of sand blasting with it. And have a Porter-Cable Cable Contractor's compressor, two tanks, oiless compressor, so it's noisey, but it can run 2-3 BIG nail guns like when shingling, and a smaller 2-1/2 gal pancake compressor, it's so light I can pick it up and carry it around the car or truck to sniff up the tires. It has a permanent home in the garage along with a 50 ft extension cord and 20 ft airhose.
I discovered the Porter-Cable drills were the same as a Craftsman, and even with my employee discount I could buy new Craftsman cordless tool kits cheaper on Black Friday than the Porter-Cables, but the oddball stuff was where the savings were. 6 Delta bench grinder for $22. A SHEET METAL KNIBBLER for $8, chews away about a Quarter inch slot in thin sheet steel about as fast as you can push it. Noisey & messy but it's the right tool for many jobs. Since I don't have access to those sales, I have bought a few Milwaukee tools like a 4-1/2 angle grinder, think it's 10-12 amps, too much power to run with only one hand, a 7-1/2 circular saw, 14 Amp. Much better saw than the all plastic Black & Decker saws I bought 30 years ago, but Boy have they been used & abused and still run. I have His & Her belt sanders, a Craftsman I got for Christmas years ago, and a Porter-Cable I got 15 or so years ago when we sanded and restrained our deck.
Been a HUGE FAN of The Right Tool for the job for 20-30 years. Spent a lot of money on tools I don't use real often, my NEW TOOLS are always safer than the way I was doing things before. Like my 14 inch EVOLUTION RAGE 2 metal cutting saw. About like a miter saw except cuts steel & aluminum. Makes PERFECT WELD READY angles, I don't miss my junky old Delta 4x6 bandsaw one tiny bit, but I do wear a full face safety mask and safety glasses, and something to keep hot razor sharp steel slivers of steel out of my ears.

My Dad was given a 1/2 in. Western Auto drill for Christmas in 1970, one of those heavy polished bare metal ones and I needed to use it a few weeks ago and it had been laying in the open bottom of his roll around tool chest for forty plus years. I got it out and cleaned all the crud off it and wiped it down good with MARVEL MYSTERY OIL, yes it makes an excellent metal cleaner/polish. Anyway the chuck was the only think that needed freed up ad amazingly it workrd flawlessly after four decades of non use.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back