Post hole digger stuck now arms wont lift.

stray dog

New User
[b:a2e7ea8352]The auger screwed itself into the ground. [/b:a2e7ea8352] I got the auger out but now i need to get the 1953 Golden Jubilee safely into the barn for repairs. [u:a2e7ea8352]So, here is the question:[/u:a2e7ea8352] how can i lock the lift arms so the tractor can be driven (without taking the attachment off) about 50 feet into the barn where i plan to do the repair? I can lift the new attachment off easier after in the barn as I work alone and it is heavy.
Respectfully,
Stray Dog

(quoted from post at 03:31:56 08/14/23) [b:84437e8aab]The auger screwed itself into the ground. [/b:84437e8aab] I got the auger out but now i need to get the 1953 Golden Jubilee safely into the barn for repairs. [u:84437e8aab]So, here is the question:[/u:84437e8aab] how can i lock the lift arms so the tractor can be driven (without taking the attachment off) about 50 feet into the barn where i plan to do the repair? I can lift the new attachment off easier after in the barn as I work alone and it is heavy.
Respectfully,
Stray Dog

just remove the drive shaft. drag the auger 50 feet if you have to.

This post was edited by HFJ on 08/14/2023 at 07:20 am.

This is one of the reasons I dislike 3pt PHD. IMHO Skid steer PHD are far superior in every way, even if you have to rent one.

Just block up the tractors lift arms with some wood blocks in between the lift arms and the differential arms.

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS. I WILL BLOCK THE LIFT ARMS IN THE UP POSITION (AFTER MANUALLY LIFTING THE RHD) THEN SLOWLY DRIVE TO THE BARN, AS THE GURU SUGGESTED. THE LIFT ARMS HAVE NO LIFT AT ALL, AT THIS POINT.
SO......NEXT QUESTION, HOW DO I DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF THI PROBLEM ???????????????

If the auger is down in the hole a ways why
not just disconnect the PHD from the tractor
and leave it there.
That is how I store mine. I drilled a hole in
my dirt floor shed and disconnect from it and
drive away.
Makes it easy to connect to it the next time
I need to use it.

Got mine tied up in tree roots and it stuck fast. Disengaged pto, put a big pipe wrench on the auger and manually
turned it out.

(quoted from post at 10:54:08 08/14/23) If the auger is down in the hole a ways why
not just disconnect the PHD from the tractor
and leave it there.
That is how I store mine. I drilled a hole in
my dirt floor shed and disconnect from it and
drive away.
Makes it easy to connect to it the next time
I need to use it.

Don't have a PHD, but that is one heck of a good idea. :!:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back