Power Trol Question

I am not very familiar w/the Power Trol option a guy could get on his tractor. I am also not familiar with the Power Trol versus the Power Lift, I was told they were two different options. Can anyone provide some insight into what this tractor has on it? I am thinking Power Trol, but just want to make sure I am not mistaken. Thanks!
cvphoto147838.jpg

They were options. The tractor in the picture has Power Lift via the rockshaft and I think it has Power Trol although my eyes don't see it that well in this photo. A closer-up photo would be good to clarify concerning Power Trol.

There are 4 tucked away in that shed taking naps. lol I tried to zoom in on this pic, not sure if it will help. I'll have to take another one this weekend.
cvphoto147845.jpg

In this picture it has power trol.. With this option & with the current plugs installed one can
partially lift or fully lift an mounted impliment. One can also add a remote cylinder. With Power
Lift option, rockshaft is either all the UP or All the way down. & remote cylinder can't be used
easily.

As stated, your tractor has Power trol. It is likely an update... Power trol was available in VERY limited numbers at the end of WWII, but was not commonly furnished on new tractors until the late styled series was introduced in 1947- those As, Bs, and Gs with the battery under the seat.

Power trol valves were available from Deere to update earlier tractors- which I'm thinking yours is given the seat, etc. If I had to guess, your power trol unit is from the mid 50's... it has the knurled fill plug like my 70, and the B my grandfather had updated in the mid 50's. My A and G have a different fill plug.

Grew up on a '46 A slant dash which Dad and uncle purchased new in 1946. Had a two-row mounted cultivator on it and used a #5 JD sickle mower with a cylinder lift. Also remember Dad using it with a mounted loader with a trip bucket.

Please check PC675 Parts Catalog for A pages 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128.

According to these parts pictures and lists, these A tractors could have both. If that's not true, please explain your reasoning. Thanks for explaining.

The rockshaft I think would be the same for either power loif or power troll so you cannot go by that. It is the control box that is different and I cannot see the remote cyylinder plugs to tell if it is an early unit or a later unit. The later unit has a spring loaded breakaway feature but if it breaks away with load on a cylinder get ready fot a quick oil bath. Not the early stle plugs are held in with a brass shear washer the if the break away happens you have to go buy new shear washers as tha ones holding the hoses in will be destrowed as designed. I had no power lift but both early and late style power troll units. Early style on a 46 B and late style on a 49 B. Also late style on a 51 A.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back