Pre 39 IHC Magneto pics

Old-F20

Here are some pics of E4a and F4 magnetos as talked about in the 10-20 Magneto topic

they go from early to late from left to right. notice the different length in the two F4 mags. they have different gov shaft lengths

stuff009.jpg

stuff010.jpg

stuff011.jpg

and yes, i do know a little about mags. ive rounded these up ove rthe last couple years to keep spare parts on hand
stuff012.jpg

Old-F20, nice pictures. You are missing 1 variation of the F-4, and from a timeline perspective, it would fit in between the 2 you have. It was the one with the built-in impulse dis-engage button. I have one, and it is VERY handy when setting the timing. You pull up on the tab, and the impulse is dis-engaged. Push it back down, and it is engaged again.

(quoted from post at 19:18:05 08/16/11) Old-F20, nice pictures. You are missing 1 variation of the F-4, and from a timeline perspective, it would fit in between the 2 you have. It was the one with the built-in impulse dis-engage button. I have one, and it is VERY handy when setting the timing. You pull up on the tab, and the impulse is dis-engaged. Push it back down, and it is engaged again.

ive got some of those too. I didnt really think it was important to include those as the more important thing being discussed in the other thread was the correct mag for the gov shaft that the tractor had. Went out and looked real quick, i even have two F-6 mags with the timing plunger

I'm ok with it being broke. I only take it out to to run a harrow around, every couple years, to keep things lubed up and loose. Thank you for mentioning it, though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back