Pressed steel on Super M

PretendFarmer

Well-known Member
Hi.
I am looking to ditch my rear cast and go with pressed steel and hubs on my 1953 Farmall Super M.
Any pointers on a source for that? I slightly recall that pressed steel and 9 bolt hubs off another tractor fits but I dont remember what make/model that is from.

Thanks
 
Think Oliver hubs fit IH, #77 fits an H, 2-1/2" axle; Maybe the 88 hub fits M 2-3/4" axle.

There are dual wheel hubs and wheels from M&W and others like Peterson & Unverfurth that will fir an M &
Super M. Same 2-3/4" axle used on 400/450/560/ some 460 &350/656/666/H70/686/H86. IH made a 9-bolt hub
for 560 and newer tractors up to 686/H86 that used a 15x34 wheel made by Motor Wheel with 5 contact
points, worked with 16.9x34 or 1i.4x34. But any 9 bolt wheel mounted to the IH hub.
 
I got wheels and hubs from a guy from an Oliver 44 that fir my SMTA. I had to modify the key that holds the hub from turning on the axle though
 
(quoted from post at 13:23:54 12/21/18) Hi.
I am looking to ditch my rear cast and go with pressed steel and hubs on my 1953 Farmall Super M.
Any pointers on a source for that? I slightly recall that pressed steel and 9 bolt hubs off another tractor fits but I dont remember what make/model that is from.

Thanks
I have a set of wheels 18.4 x 34 and Hubs that I removed from my 656 Hydro that I replace with cast wheels. I'm located in southern MN.
 

In 5500 lbs class I have no movable weight. Also I see guys with M's that have pressed steel wheels they can narrow up the tractor more and fit on a low trailer. I want to sell my deck over and go with a lower trailer but right now theres no way my Super M will fit between fenders. So theres two reasons.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top