Pressure checking a Z series block

Alan K

Made an adapter to pressure check my cousins ZA blocks. They were getting coolant in the cylinders. Took both of the blocks off and they had them checked in town, one was cracked at the top, the other was supposed to be good. Got a replacement, had it check which looked to be ok, put it all together, same problem. They had the replacement one rechecked at another shop and turned out ok. I made this adapter to check the one on the tractor which was supposed to be good...... but it turned out it wasn't. Just used duct tape over the coolant holes on the other side. Was cracked at the top on number 2. Doesn't take much air pressure to find the leak. Hopefully we finally got it figured out lol.

Attachments

• ZA block valve 2.JPG
    ZA block valve 2.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 50
I check all R/Z blocks before installing. Wasted many hours by not checking. Seems cracks always just above cylinder. .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back