Pricing a White/Oliver/Fiat

Family member has a White-Oliver 1355 (Fiat) that they don't use and want to sell, but no idea on the price. I can't find anything similar to compare so I thought I would ask for input. I would buy it but I'm at my tractor number limit...
Tractor has seen little use since they rented out the fields 10 years ago. I suspect it hasn't been started in 5 years or so. Known issues are broken grille mounting tab, slight tendency to drift left (steering adjustment I believe), I would bet the PTO at flywheel issue these are known for (although as far as I know the PTO works), batteries, and I can't remember the thermostart system working (we always pulled it to start). As I recall the faded paint was brushed over with dark Oliver green. Rear tires and rims are 10 years old but have less then 50 working hours on them. Tractor drove and worked fine last time I used it. Always stored in the barn since they purchased it in the late 80's?

Any estimates?

They were a great little tractor, but try convincing somebody else of that. They didn't have a PTO issue, I think you're thinking of the 550. As long as the PTO clutch has been engaged when not in use, you're good. If not, you'll wear out the thrust bearing on the crank and ruin the block, then the tractor is scrap iron.

A good one is well worth $4500 if you're looking for a good user tractor and not trying to flip it. You can start discounting it from there when figuring the things that are wrong.

Your mileage might vary.

Pretty sure they ran it with the PTO disengaged, but low hours. Last I drove it it had no indication that the thrust bearing was gone, and very low hours after that.

I'd buy it but I can't haul it and no where to store it. But I appreciate your price estimate.

That thrust bearing is separate from the mains, correct? Half moon with a tab?
Being the tractor and its manuals are many miles away, can you replace that without pulling the motor?

Thanks!

I tried posting a link to another discussion on "a different" tractor website that has a lot of info on the issue. Guess I committed a sin of some sort. Anyhow if you google "Oliver 1365 oil pressure" you will see the result somewhere near the top of the page. It's good reading and has a lot of info.

I tried posting a link to another discussion on "a different" tractor website that has a lot of info on the issue. Guess I committed a sin of some sort. Anyhow if you google "Oliver 1365 oil pressure" you will see the result somewhere near the top of the page. It's good reading and has a lot of info.

Not a bearing its washers crank it up and let it run awhile if its a problem oil pressure will drop.Its not the PTO lever that is the problem is the PTO clutch lever.

4WD or 2WD? If its a 1355 4WD it'll have the old style front end not as good a the 1365.Where is it located? I have a couple 1365 parts tractors anyway so I'd have whatever it needed.

2wd. Located in mid-Michigan while I am on the east side, over by Port Huron.

I'd buy it but I think the tires are loaded and it would crush my little car trailer. plus already have 4 tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back