Probably a simple 3000 hydraulic issue

86LG4T5

I've read some real mind bender hydraulic mysteries on this board. Mine isn't the end of the world. My three point doesn't want to go up. After I start it, I increase the revs to 1000 and give it a minute, then pull up on the 3 point control until it's at max. Nothing. Then I reach down and move the hydraulic remote in for a few seconds and then out for a few seconds. I can hear the pump bear down a little when I do this and see one of the hoses move a little under pressure. Then, when I left off the remote, suddenly the 3 point starts heading for the sky. Got plenty of lift power. My sickle bar is 700lbs and it goes right up. I just have to do everything in a certain order and hold my mouth just right. I changed the fluid but no change. I used Hygard which I think is the same viscosity as 134D. I also bled the pump after I changed the fluid.

I suspect your loosing prime... and or have a very worn pump that takes a long time to pull the fluid up to the pump..

You can try to put a rebuild kit in the pump to replace the valves and valve seats... ( little bb's and funny pieces of metal with new gaskets).

NOW.. .that the 3000 does NOT have wet brakes or wet pto clutch to worry about, you can also add a gallon of lucus oil fortifier, to help a worn pump pull more suction. But you cant use this for the bigger tractors in the hydraulics or you will loose your pto, dual power, and wet brakes. Also if you use you external hydraulics, you must also consider what your plugging in to the tractor that might not like the lucus friction modifiers.

Thanks for the tip! The only hydraulic attachment my 3000 and 5000 sometimes share is my Haybine. And that's only when the 3000's hydraulics get too slow and I give up on them for the day. I'm actually glad to hear pump over top cover. Top cover sounds like a bear.

I would say that it's probably a sticking unloading valve or possibly the oring is bad on it. I'd honestly have to look at the flow diagrams (and I don't have them) to review how the remotes are plumbed relative to the hitch and unloader... but I suspect the hitch has priority, then the remote gets fed, then the unloader is last in series... so when you capture flow for the remote, it blocks off the open unloader and give flow to the hitch.
Pulling the lift cover and having a good look at it would be my starting point.
That's not to say there isn't pump or prime issues as well but when you say it lifts the mower quickly and easily that makes me think it's not the pump.

Rod

I had the same issue on mine the loader worked great but the 3 point when cold would be dead till I worked the loader a few times.
After it warmed up the 3 point was responsive till it set a few days. From that I knew the issue was in the lift cover

When I went into it the unloader oil ring was is very bad condition along with what 50 years of life bring on. These tractors are in the 50 year range and we are starting to see pattern problems from age.

The good noting I have had to repair was complicated.

Mine was slow first thing especially in the cold. Part of what prompted my lift cover rebuild. My lift piston O-ring was intact but dry rotted and the suction filter was pretty crudded up. New piston ring & backer and a clean filter and it moves much faster, very responsive.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back