Ford 3000 intermittent hydraulic

I have a 67 ford 3000 and the hydraulics work intermittently both 3 point and remotes are doing it sometimes everything works just like normal then other times I have nothing the 3 point won t raise and my remote won t work I ve changed the fluid and have tried priming the pump but when I remove the priming plug on the pump it kind of just spits fluid out not a steady stream is this normal? Any help is appreciated

(quoted from post at 00:15:28 04/24/23) I have a 67 ford 3000 and the hydraulics work intermittently both 3 point and remotes are doing it sometimes everything works just like normal then other times I have nothing the 3 point won t raise and my remote won t work I ve changed the fluid and have tried priming the pump but when I remove the priming plug on the pump it kind of just spits fluid out not a steady stream is this normal? Any help is appreciated
When I bled mine recently, it spit a little bit out but then after a few seconds of turning over, fluid gushed out.

My hydraulics are tricky also, however I will say once they are working, they re good until the tractor is off for a short time.

To get mine working: Start the tractor. I usually leave the 3 pt up, so after about a minute or so, I slowly lower the 3pt lever until it just barely drops the arms. Once it is set to where the arms are, I will drop it another inch (small amount). Then try moving up. Usually if I do this a couple/few times, my pump starts rumbling and then fluid starts moving.

I am not sure what could be wrong with my system, and I have not touched it outside of filling fluid.

My 72 2000 was not working all the time. OK in warm weather but for snow plowing it was either no lift or slow and chattering. I tore into
the lift, replaced all the O-rings and set all the valves and linkage but got no improvement so I put a rebuild kit in the pump from this site.
After some time getting the air to bleed out is worked great. The old check valves in the pump looked OK but I think that was the problem.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back