Project time

jon f mn

Been working on a manure spreader for the last couple weekends. All the wood was rotten, this is what came out. Lol.

cvphoto83117.jpg

Replaced all the wood and made a couple other repairs and it's all done.

cvphoto83118.jpg

cvphoto83119.jpg

This is a Minnesota brand spreader, made in the prison in Stillwater. They were a good no frills machine, they only had one speed for the apron and that was slow. You could disengage the beater, but that was about it. I won't be keeping it because a neighbor has a Case spreader he will trade for it, after all we all know case is better. Lol. Anyway, if anyone tells you that replacing the wood in a spreader is not a bad job you stop hanging around with them, you don't need that kind of dishonesty in your life. Lol. That was a lot more work than I expected. I was lucky to have the lumber left from the house remodel we did so at least it didn't cost much. But it looks good now. Hope he is happy with it.

Our MN has one pipe handle up front, had several speeds. Just dont try to go from beaters off to beaters on with the pto on, that would be bad.

Paul

Chain is in backward....so is the other one pictured. The slats have the leading edge of the bar facing the rear to go under the manure and hold the slat to the floor.. Plus the links are pulling on the open side of the link. Pulling on the open end weakens the link and it breaks. Turn it around and it has the full width of the link to pull on.

Thats a nice looking spreader . I had an orange spreader but I scrapped it shoulda kept it now Im looking for one again I dont care what color

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back