Propane tank trailer idea

I was at my buddy's junkyard and he was cutting propane tanks in half. While looking at the metal thickness, i had an idea.
Take a tank, cut it in half lengthwise so its like a giant tub but cut the one end off, build a frame to mount the axle and hitch, then mount the tank to it.
Has anyone done this?? Im not gonna pull it behind a vehicle on the road. Off-road only.
 
I bought trailer axle ends and just welded them into square tubing and welded that to the tank. Don't expect it to be able to haul a ton. I will try to get a pic
👨‍🌾
If you put about 200gal in it, it should weigh 1400# for the fuel alone, then add the weight of the tank. Doesn't sound overly heavy.

I built my 150gal Diesel transfer tank out of 10ga. Tank weighs around maybe 250#.........150gal fuel around 1000#. It adds up.
 
If you put about 200gal in it, it should weigh 1400# for the fuel alone, then add the weight of the tank. Doesn't sound overly heavy.

I built my 150gal Diesel transfer tank out of 10ga. Tank weighs around maybe 250#.........150gal fuel around 1000#. It adds up.
Oh I wasnt gonna carry fuel in it. Im thinking of building a wagon to carry dirt and stuff.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top