pto generator value?

ldw208

New User
I've got a pto generator, came with the farm site when we bought it 10 years ago. I'm sure it wasn't used for a while before that as well. I could use the room, and know I will never use it. Looking for a price to ask on craigslist. It's a Winpower Model 12PT2, 12 KW, 1800 rpm, 52.2 Amps, 115/230 volt. I live in south central MN, about 35 miles north of Mankato. Thanks..........

I live about 35 miles NW of Mankato. Small world! I bought a 25kw 540rpm generator from my neighbor's farm auction last summer for a friend of mine. It sounds very much like yours, only larger. I paid $900.00. It was mounted on a fairly nice newer mesh trailer from TSC. The generator was always shedded. I don't recall the name brand though. I know it was painted red. Hope this helps you somewhat.
Kow Farmer

A Winpower is a very good unit. I have a 30/50 30 KW and new they probably list between 5 and 6 K. If it works and you have a 30 HP tractor and for all you'll probably get for it why not keep it. All it would take was one wind or ice storm and no hydro for a week to make that little Winpower look pretty good. In eastern Canada, the ice storm of Janurary '98, there were people with no power for 3 weeks. That storm affected over a million customers.

You don't now, and never will own a tractor?
Everyone should have stand-by electricity. And for my money the best way is an alternator NOT tied to a little engine.

Know you will never use it? Because you do not know how? Have you ever lived any place that lost the power even for a day? Get prepaired to use it and learn how to use it and if you do not have a tractor that will run it get one and be prepaired to keep on living when you get that big snow storm, ice storm or tornado that puts you without power for a week or month at a time. It could keep you from feezing to death. Think about that. I have only a small 3,500 watt size and used it once. Wished I had one for years before. Being without heat, lights, drinking water or refrigeration to keep your food good sucks. In the 2005 ice storm without power for 8 days and lost $1,000 worth of food in freezer. Had milk jugs of water in basement and that was all the water we had. Also kerosine lamps for light.

paul was looking for one some years ago- he"s close to you. I bought my Winpower 25/45 kw back in 1977. Works perfect, never a repair.

We were without power for 3 days during the 1991 halloween ice storm. I don"t need it to keep me from freezing to death, the wood stove does just fine for that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back