Colin King

Well-known Member
My 8N has a 1-1/8 diameter PTO with a hole through the PTO shaft instead of the notch for the coupler release pin on the implement PTO shaft.

I need to get an ORC that adapts to the larger 1-3/8. Do I need to be aware of anything special when purchasing an ORC if my PTO does not have the notch for the coupler release pin?

Will any ORC securely attach to my PTO?

Thanks,
Colin, MN
 
Colin King,Any ORC with a 1 1/8"female splined input will fit on the shaft.remove the grease fittings and install the pin through the PTO shaft hole,replace fittings.
 
ORC is attached with a 5/16" roll pin. When I installed one I did not have a 5/16 punch to drive the pin in. Used a bolt instead and the threads nicked the 1/8 NPT on the ORC where the grease zerk fits in. Needless to say I had to take it all off and chase the threads with the proper tap to get the zerk to thread in. Use the right tool for the job or suffer the consequences.
 
Thanks, John, for the advice. It's much appreciated. Picked up a mower this past weekend. First PTO operated implement in my collection.

Colin
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top