Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis-HT

New User
I have a ym2000 with bulldog front loader. I bought a kingkutter 5ft finish mower with a 660lb shipping weight. Do you think it is to heavy for my tractor. They say to run the pto at 540 rpm's, I have a 3 speed pto how do I tell what the pto speed is, or what is a good guess?
Thanks Dennis P.S. love this web site
 
Im running a 5ft independant finish mower behind my green 1500. Dont have any problems cutting with it and can cut tall grass in one swipe. Only problem is it makes the tractor a little back heavy if it is all the way up and I go back and stop. A 5ft mower will run easily behind your tractor. As far a the pto speed try running the mower in different pto gears and go with the one that goes the slowest to be on the safe side. running the pto at the wrong speed can dammage the mower and quickly overheat your tractor. But running it for a few seconds to find out the speed wont hurt anything. Have fun and be careful
Cole
 
I agree about the size. You will have plenty of power for the 5' mower & the loader should help keep the front tires on the ground. 1st PTO gear is 540rpm.
 
Thanks guys, I used it today in pto gear 1 and it worked real good. Thanks again for your help, I'm new to the tractor game.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top