Pulling with a Case DC

Tractor_Girl

New User
I'm wanting to start pulling with my Case DC-3, but I was wondering how light a Case DC can get when all of the non-essential parts are taken off? Thank you for all the help!

I can't help much with a weight figure but I
can tell you that you can lose a lot of
weight on a DC by changing the front and
rear wheels to a pressed steel type. A DC
Case is a cast iron hulk, very powerful. I
have one, not a puller, it's still a
workhorse here

Any cover can be made from light metal. Especially the trade mark front. At least aa small combine rear guide axle. A new Toyota or Honda rack and pinion steering is just a hundred dollars. They make electric power steering ones is your oil pan cast as well. Serious pullers take the gears
Out they don't need. Super serious pullers make pipe axles. And pipe axle housings. Aluminium top covers. It never ends. My 6 cyl D17 Allis diesl w eights 4000 with me on it. With 18.4 38's

Different divisions have much different rules, are you out starting in Division 1 or jumping in with the big money machines?

Dont get to carried away ,meaning , go to a pull with the dc just as it is . Still going to be fun . Pull in div 1 ,or 2 for div 2 youll will need a set of
wheelie bars ,a kill switch , get them on and go .
Meanwhile here a good list of things to get you prepared ,read this and you off and pulling ! Ok
Read this article
https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2019/03/antique-tractor-pulling/
Oh ! You will most likely get beat real bad to start. Get over it ! Getting beat is like victory , you see what the competition is doing ,take notes and
improve ,every pull.
Lastly pull against the best , they are the ones to beat . Ok ! Go get them with that Case DC

I have a 39 puller, pressed steel 15.5 x 38 BFG double cuts. Light 4200 no driver, we do not have a light rear cover so original in that respect. wheelie bars and a NATPA style 3" pulling hitch. Here in our area tractors like Ms 88s DCs, UBs are not allowed to pull in lower weight. We do very well in our area, Engine slightly warmed over. one thing to note is that pre 42 DCs had significantly faster ground speeds than later ones so we have to run a lot less rpm to stay under the speed limits. As others have said , jump in there and pull, watch the winners, see how there hitches are, ask questions, we pullers are for the most a tight knit group and is is not unusual for competitors to be helping each other out

I have a 49 dc that weighs 3700 with a 190 pound driver in the seat.

cvphoto109271.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back