'Puter Pains

RockRon

Member
My computer is ailing. MS Security Essentials keeps identifying a threat, but it isn"t going away. About every 30 seconds it pops up another "clean computer" warning. Also, when I try to go somewhere from Google, I get re-directed. I"m sure someone on here knows the cure.
 
Start your computer in the safe mode with networking by holding down the F8 key at the first screen. Download,install and run Malwarebytes Antimalware. This should probably clean what ever the problem is.
Malwarebytes
 
as well as running malwarebytes in safe mode also scan with microsoft security esssentials in safe mode. some of the badies will prevent other programs from removing them in regular mode while in safe mode nothing runs but what in actually needed plus what you start up. be sure both are updated while in safe mode, if they request a restart just be sure to restart back in safemode. hope this helps.


frank
 
FINALLY, something in this forum that I can help with. I'm a network administrator, and don't know much about tractors--I'm here to learn, but I can help with this problem. :)

All of the previous suggestions are good, but if they don't work for you, my "go-to tool" is a program called combofix. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix That is a link to download and use, complete with screenshots. It should definitely help. It is best to run in safe mode.
 
I'm not an expert on viruses but I bet what you think is a security program is itself a virus. It's a fake Microsoft Security Essentials. It's job is to convince you to buy something to remove it. One clue to this is the redirecting of your web searches which is meant to keep you from finding fixes to the problem. I had that a year or so ago and while I think I fixed it at one point it came back and I got so frustrated I just rebuild my computer from the factory disks. I'm pretty sure there is a way to stop the redirecting. I think it changed your dns server IP address in windows to one it runs that doesn't allow access to antivirus or other sites that help with virus removal. That can be fixed but I don't remember how. Your best bet is to start Googling the issue from another computer to find a solution and/or start copying off your personal files and rebuild your pc. The Googling for a cure is slow as there is so much on Microsoft Security Essentials--the real program to wade through to find how to remove the fake one and then you have to work on a pc that is constantly throwing error roadblocks at you.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top