Putting up a new old light

So this light was mounted on the front of our garage before we put on new siding. So I decided it would provide more light mounted on the old overhead power pole. Wife lifted me up there with the Oliver 1600. Now I have three of these old fixtures lighting my way around the farmstead. Now they are hooked to motion sensors. Anyone else still use these? You can't quite see it but another one is on the other side of the F2 combine cab. They will be helpful now that nights are getting longer.
cvphoto104159.jpg

Good picture!

There's no way I'd trust my wife to lift me in a loader. If I do something like that, I put the bucket where I want it and crawl into with a ladder.

Kind of a neat nostalgia item & I have some, but don't use, since LED is so much better in terms of output, long life, & electrical usage. Like mine, yours is not easy to reach for bulb change, either.

I put my wife up in a bucket to hang Christmas lights. She dislikes it, to say it mildly.

Solved thet problem of working on lights. For $5.00 a month my place is well lighted by a yard light installed by the electric co-op. Their light and thier poll. They maintain it all.

Did you check the air mail while up there? Maybe a check from Uncle Joe in there, you'd
better have the wife lift you back up there, or I see the flag is up, did you mail in your
letter to Santa Claus early asking for a redo on that election? Just funnin'
we got .4 rain today with a cooler wind! GG

Well the thing is the mailbox on top is marked for BILLS so if I get a bill that is were the mail lady needs to put it. Oh and it has a big hole in the back of it and we had barn owls nest in there last year.

I hear ya! But she did not want me up on a ladder that high. She drives the Super 66 to pull the hay wagon and bale lift. She has the hang of how to drive Oliver's since I have ten of them.

(quoted from post at 18:41:28 10/11/21) Well it is an old light fixture but I put an led bulb in it. And if it needs changed the 1600 will still be around!
ounds good

I have an old fixture that looks similar, but is bigger. I think it was from a gas station. I was just thinking the other day about if I should use it for a shed that needs light. I like it but my wife hates it. The last time I tried to put it up she said no, so Ill probably get the same answer this time.

We have four of them. We like it dark at night, so they are all individually switched.

It doesnt matter what kind of light it is if it gives you enough light to see by. Those type of lights on our farm had a ring with three springs that kept the bulb from vibrating in the wind.

Oh, and if your wife hits the wrong lever you can tell the paramedics she finally dumped me. LOL

This post was edited by fixerupper on 10/12/2021 at 04:34 am.

Life is good. Have a farmer neighbor across the road and a neighbor down the road a quarter mile and none of us have a night light, but can see them all around me. Nearest one is a half mile away.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back