Question about hauling a John Deere 12A Combine.

Beatles65

Has anyone on here ever hauled a John Deere 12A Combine?
I know that they are roughly 20' by 10,' but I don't know that they weigh.
If you have had experience hauling a John Deere 12A combine please reply.

I am looking for some pointers.

Also If I cannot come up with a trailer big enough to haul it what do you think it would cost to haul a John Deere 12A combine about 300 miles?
Should I try and find someone on here that could possibly do it or talk to trucking companies?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for everything!
From Nebraska,
Andrew Kean.

I sold one last fall, loaded it for the buyer on a 8'6" wide fifth wheel trailer on a 3/4 ton. You have to back it on to the trailer VERY carefully, only 1/2 tire on the trailer on each side. Use 10' 2 x 10's under the wheels, removing one and replacing it behind the wheel each time one is exposed. You will be overwidth and probably need a permit, flags or lights etc. Chain it down tight. The old guys tell me they were a probem on trucks, when new they came by rail.

As Darald mentioned, only inches on the trailer each side. I hauled one from Iowa to Indiana and did not have any permits but did red flag the overhangs. It took a tractor with a loader to load because the hitch will not line up on the tractor hitch and the ramps at the same time. The weight is not a problem but the air resistance will use a bit more fuel. Not a easy pull for that reason. I backed mine on and over the tire trailer. Then cut blocks of wood to jack the tires off the trailer and tie the combine down on top of them. Did not move at all. Take your time loading and tie down tight, check often and you will be fine.

i pulled mine 25-50mph behind my half ton pickup, on its own wheels, by the hitch, to my bumper, 270 miles in one long day. no permits just common sense & magnetic flashing taillights. trails great but gets to bouncing on some roads if too fast. they weigh about 3500 pounds. others have bolted on 8" tall 2" wide casters with u-bolts to the axle, two pairs of them, (4 total) to line pu with trailer ramps covered in 3/4" plywood & loaded that way for narrow trailers. the hitch swings way in so it trails almost straight behind.

I had a tractor hauled from Kansas to Idaho and contracted with Land Star to do it. I still have trouble believing they hauled it for close to a dollar a mile and did it on time as promised. Hardly worth fooling around with when somebody like that has all that is needed to do it right. Could never have asked for a better business deal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back