Question on a case 430 (440) tractor??

I Have been working on a 1965 CASE (440) tractors. bought it many years ago from a salvage yard which means I have been restoring it threw the years. found out that the hood is not fitting it. could it be the hood came off a diesel tractor and not a gasoline. OR is it because the CASE 430 model VS the CASE 440 have a shorter hood. to clue this problem I guess I have to say I am looking for a hood to fit this tractor any body has one for sale may I ask. Does any body know of a good tractor salvage yard to call if so please leave the phone number I will try them to. thanks.
cvphoto88966.jpg

Are you sure it has the correct engine? Some other engines bolt in but are a bit longer. I think the Diesel engine is longer as is the 201 from combines and power units. But both can bolt in.

Yes I do have the CASE 148 gasoline engine in this triple speed tractor. That could be the problem with the hood. I was thinking last night that the hood might be for a diesel engine tractor. Which I got with this tractor in peace's when I bought the stack of it at the salvage yard. Not knowing that the hood came off a diesel tractor and till know. My mountain of parts continue to grow while I restore this tractor. I guess I am right I am going to have to look for a gasoline CASE tractor hood. thanks.

If it has a down exhaust, shortening the existing hood is way easier than if it was needed to be longer. Jim

Got into the same problem with a 300 Case and finally, by studying a parts manual, saw that I had a diesel hood for a gas tractor. By the way, what does the janitor charge to keep that shop so clean?

(quoted from post at 08:38:21 05/20/21) Got into the same problem with a 300 Case and finally, by studying a parts manual, saw that I had a diesel hood for a gas tractor. By the way, what does the janitor charge to keep that shop so clean?

Tgrasher, Brent doesn't clean it, he just moves and builds a new one every few years.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back