Question on the power-shift rims

First time working with these things. I got the wheel off but I don 't know how to remove the two little keepers that go through the rail with the spacing holes. I assume their purpose is to prevent wheel movement on the rails from the torque of the tractor. I can't see any threads on them.

Thanks.
 
First time working with these things. I got the wheel off but I don 't know how to remove the two little keepers that go through the rail with the spacing holes. I assume their purpose is to prevent wheel movement on the rails from the torque of the tractor. I can't see any threads on them.

Thanks
 
First time working with these things. I got the wheel off but I don 't know how to remove the two little keepers that go through the rail with the spacing holes. I assume their purpose is to prevent wheel movement on the rails from the torque of the tractor. I can't see any threads on them.

Thanks.
It would help to know what tractor you are working on, most brands have different methods. The only ones I have used were the old A-C WD45. Just a bolt thru the stop block to take it off and put it where you want it to stop, start it up, stand on the opposite brake and go forward or reverse till it hits the stop and put the other stop back on.
 
First time working with these things. I got the wheel off but I don 't know how to remove the two little keepers that go through the rail with the spacing holes. I assume their purpose is to prevent wheel movement on the rails from the torque of the tractor. I can't see any threads on them.

Thanks.
The threads of the rail stops are just under the heads of the "bolts" and are inside the blocks, generally not visible when tightened.
 
The threads of the rail stops are just under the heads of the "bolts" and are inside the blocks, generally not visible when tightened.
Thank you all for your help. it went well. It seems to me you have to be patient when tightening up the bolts that go through the wedges and against the rim. I think it helps to rotate the tire so it falls into place.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top