Leroy

Well-known Member
Just a quick question what would be a ball park value of a MF 1080. Has not bin run for a few years. Only interest is my lady friends brother has one setting in the weeds he used to farm with. Thinking around 15 years ago. Think probably last run a few years ago when he built his house, think it would be usable. I just think he does not have any idea what something like that sells for now. I would just like to see him put a tarp over it to protect it. I know from on here some of the older tractors are gaining value would this be one of them? He has no idea I am asking this question. Just don't like seeing a nice old piece decaying in the weather. And wondering if I am close to value thinking $5-8000, Am I close. Ohio and the family used to raise certified seed corn, do you guys think that story would be good to try to get him to write so I could post it here on the stories section. I grew up of Ford and Farmall and now 80. He is just a couple of years younger than me.
 

You have been around long enough to know this is the question with no good answer. Any tractor that has not been used in ''around 15 years'' or started in ''a few years'' (??). is a big question mark. It might start and go ok, it might start and have issues, it might not start without minor, or major work. Tire condition, engine free, injection system condition, clutches, hydraulics, any or all could be expensive to repair and there is currently no way to really check any of them out.

If it was running moving, the 8K might be in the right range depending on how well it operated and options it has. Currently just setting there as you describe it, it is a dead horse. To me 5K would really be the high end, if someone wanted to spend the time parting it out and peddling parts from it, likely less if they planned to get it running based on the unknowns. JMHO
 
I think he could go out and start it with no problems. My question is are
they in same range as say a John Deere of that age in simular conditions or
do they not have resale value at any time. I know on here the talk about
tractors is saying John Deere and possibly others have doubled and tripled
in sale prices in last few years. So has MF in general gained in value like
others or do they not have any value.
 

I have a 1080. They definitely do not jump in value like the green machines. In fact, massey had alot of head gasket issues with the 318 motors. That alone makes me hesitant about buying a second one. Mine received a new engine at 2500 hours and I currently have 3600 on it. But over time, tires, seals, electrical components all need attention. If it's been sitting for more than a few years, there is going to be alot of work to be done. And that isn't even talking about the engine. I have looked at a few on tractorhouse that have been in the 5k and above range. I still walk away.
 
If they don't hold their value then he is loosing nothing by leaving it set. So it is
only certain makes that are gaining value. And it is not one of them, that was my
question.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top