Questions on FM J Impulse

I got the FM J magneto to spark after dressing the points and replacing the condenser.(FINIALLY)
Now, when you turn the impulse over by hand to check spark it will "gather" every half turn and SNAP the impulse. When you turn it fast, it often doesn"t CATCH every half turn, but the full turn. So, if this okay?
My other question: HOW is the Impulse removed/unbolted fromt he magneto? I wnat the knowldege so that I don;t tear the thing up.
Thank You much!
 
That mag can be configured to turn in either direction. The parts on the impulse are marked cw and ccw, I think, as are the cam and distributor timing position marks.

Regards, RAB
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top