radial arm saw blade bolt

Did a foolish thing and broke the bolt that holds the blade on. thought it was right handed and snapped it off. This is a Craftsman saw about 20 years old or so. I got the broken piece out, but every place i check says this bolt is obsolete. It is left handed thread, but unsure of size or thread pitch. Anybody have a guess? thanks.

its kind of useless to ask us. put it in your pocket with the length and go to a bolt supplier and they can tell u what size plus order it if they dont have it. its not impossible to get. least u could have done is post the head and what wrench it takes to remove it. that way we know if its metric or standard for starters. must be around the 5/16ths in the standard size. and if you were inquiring about it then you would have that info from the parts people. plus a serial number from the saw is of help.

Some Skil saws, particular worm drive saws, use left-hand threaded blade bolts. I suspect they're too small for your application, but you might check them out.

I've had some success getting new and used replacement parts for Craftsman power tools on eBay.

The nut from a Rockwell Delta Unisaw matches the size and thread. I took the nut off my saw and tried it on a craftsman radial arm saw. It doesn't seem to be as good a nut as the craftsman. The nun wobbles a little but it also wobbles the same on the Unisaw.

There are some Craftsman nuts available on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144945685386?hash=item21bf6fa38a:g:rEQAAOSwQ2BjGVDf&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8Kwy1Tq9GxVOTe6JPcKFIDXo4%2B%2FnvmMYXvmn2wmEu6qIM5Do748ofrgpDJDF2lNoxqliJv6iL3shFfOP%2Fw7EylnrP2eBvxClPHKTMm670qrmVhO8%2BR1KTrgCJ8qc%2FJ4xh8yOL1UibDVLUpHDVJZlAgsBleH8TzPoroAuhbo8uaTfvlHZIWPhtEjXym0sGi8EmqLsdIICBoowqSz5uebti5rMuhXbKeDEXjb%2BYMJcqf%2FDyydqlek7Oa06bbB%2Be6J6giP5Wc5lCDRZpjv0N%2BvtRA%2FIwCBlRAC2xVWRqKeG4giLRxmhWg463ZO5WJMhkQeSYA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBMpte54tVh

Not being able to see it I would guess it is 5/16thsor 3/8ths. then Mc Master-Carr would probably have something to work or like said look on Ebay for parts. Just put a new bolt end to end with the old bolt head to compare for size.

If it's the arbor shaft then he is sunk. A motor shop won't even work on these motors because they glued the case together when they assembled it.

5/8 diameter arbor? I'm not in the shop to measure a bolt. Depending on the age and where it was manufactured it could be either SAE thread (USA inches) or metric. You might try a LH threaded arbor bolt from a Craftsman circular saw, or miter saw of the same vintage.

Due to all the money Craftsman paid out for injury lawsuits, Craftsman would like to forget they ever made radial arm saws and would like them all to be scrapped yesterday.

I've got a craftsman rad saw. You can have the bolt from it just pay shippping. My e-mail is open.

Craftsman had a recall of some radial arms. I dont think there is a time limit on it. I sent mine in a few years ago and got a check for $100. They send you a post paid box, only want the motor assembly.

thanks to all who replied, unfortunately I don't have the broken piece. but will check out the local Ace hardware.

The saw I have has a acme threaded shaft, with 2 washers and a nut, I've never seen one with a bolt. But then mine is 49 years old, still runs great, a wonderful tool, and only dangerous in inexperienced hands.

Russ, I too have never seen one with a bolt, my first was 8 with brush type motor, next 9 then 10 and now two 12 one 120 volt and one 3.5HP 240volt only and they were and are all Craftsman and no bolt on the blade.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back