radius rods are NOT a jacking point!

warbaby

Well-known Member
from an FBM ''...parts tractor...'' ad...
cvphoto103187.jpg


cvphoto103188.jpg

8n for parts
 
(quoted from post at 14:18:38 10/03/21)
I seriously don't believe anyone is fool enough to put a jack under a radius rod.
robably clipped a tree, at speed, with left front wheel....that will do it.
 
I agree.
NO WAY you could cause that kind of a bend
lifting it with a jack.
I'm thinking he talks in a higher voice
after the collision with the tree - left
some parts behind as he went over the
steering wheel.
 
(quoted from post at 12:34:13 10/03/21) I agree.
NO WAY you could cause that kind of a bend
lifting it with a jack.
I'm thinking he talks in a higher voice
after the collision with the tree - left
some parts behind as he went over the
steering wheel.

Maybe a broken thumb to go along with that.
 
(quoted from post at 16:38:17 10/03/21)
(quoted from post at 12:34:13 10/03/21) I agree.
NO WAY you could cause that kind of a bend
lifting it with a jack.
I'm thinking he talks in a higher voice
after the collision with the tree - left
some parts behind as he went over the
steering wheel.

Maybe a broken thumb to go along with that.
ou got that right, sorry to say, and the thumb has never been right in the last 35 years and never will be. Ribs seemed to have healed better. Ain't no 'necker' knob on anything I own anymore either.
 
You don't get out much, do you? Drive down to the local mall and just sit in your car watching people for an hour.
 
If the tractor has a loader on it and you cant get your Farmhand jack to reach the front axle...
 
(quoted from post at 08:27:45 10/04/21) If the tractor has a loader on it and you cant get your Farmhand jack to reach the front axle...
f loader works, you don't need a jack to lift front wheels off the ground.
 
Did I say loader? I meant its a Dearborn sweep rake!
cvphoto103328.jpg

Or maybe its one of those dainty Ferguson manure loaders.

cvphoto103330.png
 
(quoted from post at 07:14:17 10/04/21)
(quoted from post at 08:27:45 10/04/21) If the tractor has a loader on it and you cant get your Farmhand jack to reach the front axle...
f loader works, you don't need a jack to lift front wheels off the ground.

Only if it has double acting cylinders. My MF202 does and my 8N does not.
 
(quoted from post at 11:58:13 10/03/21)
(quoted from post at 14:18:38 10/03/21)
I seriously don't believe anyone is fool enough to put a jack under a radius rod.
robably clipped a tree, at speed, with left front wheel....that will do it.
randpa caught a Sycamore tree on his blind side with his 9N while mowing. The right side looked like the one pictured.

After Normandy Beach, and some 15 years after Korea he lost his eye at Fort Hood. A trainee didn't hit the framing nail square ricocheting it into Grandpa's eye. Although I have not toed the mark like he I did inherit that kind of luck.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top