Re Baling Straw

rusty6

Oat straw was dead ripe and broke up pretty bad behind the combine. Made it hard to get a decent bale. The neighbour had 3 that fell apart in my field so I thought I'd try re-baling them into small squares I had to feed it all in by pitch fork. It worked but some of the bales were not great and it was pretty labour intensive on this hot, almost 80 degree October day. Took the best part of the afternoon to make 40 some small square bales.
mvphoto82708.jpg

That straw looks nice, and not that short really. There were
quite a few big square balers bought around here, because
round balers were unable to bale straw behind a rotary
combine. And keeping a bale together with string was a
problem too. I can bale any kind of straw, wheat, oat or barley
straw behind a rotary combine with my Kubota baler, and the
net wrap keeps them together.
Theres no way I could have stood in the sun and 80F with
those coveralls on. I am better suited to the cold weather. I
wear nothing under my coveralls while doing barn chores, and
work outside with Tee shirt , shorts , bare feet in sandals, from
first of May through most of October.

(quoted from post at 03:13:18 10/05/21) That straw looks nice, and not that short really. There were
quite a few big square balers bought around here, because
round balers were unable to bale straw behind a rotary
combine.
Theres no way I could have stood in the sun and 80F with
those coveralls on.
Yes, that straw will make good bedding as it is short and will spread easy. I see a few big square balers here too. As well as net wrap.
When it comes to cold and hot I see we are different. If I am outside the house I will be wearing coveralls no matter what the weather. Shorts? No way in the world for me. Not since I was a little kid in school and my legs got sun burned so bad I could hardly walk the next day. And the few short sleeved shirts I own will never wear out because I rarely wear them. My grandmother was right when she used to say, "old bones feel the cold".

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back