Re: Emissions and noticeable air quality improvements

NCWayne

I posted this in response to another post above that mentioned basically the same thing, but thought I'd post it here too.

You might be right for a given area, at least in certain areas (ie-air quality, water quality, etc) but when your talking about the environment, you've got to think GLOBAL. That said, think about how the demand for technology and cheap goods managed to get the air quality here in the US up (?) but has forced the manufacturing of those products to go overseas where the air quality doesn't matter all that much.
Too, think about how the technology involved has made vehicles, often only a couple of years old, obsolete, due to the fact they can usually not be repaired due to obsolesce or because the repairs simpy aren't cost effective. The end result of that is instead of vehicles being repaired, they are simply scrapped and then the manufacturing process has to start all over.

Now, tell me, which would you think makes more overall sense, and actually pollutes less, building a complete product ten times over, or building the product once, and then making smaller parts of it as needed? In years past we did the later, but in this environmentally correct world we do the former.

Now think about this. Our leaders have made taken the whole process of trying to clean up the environment to the point that the OEM's could possibly do it is one vehicle at a time. Now on a nlobal, or even just a national level, tell me where this makes sense? First, billions of dollars have been spent on the technology I was talking about earlier. Then the stewardship of said technology is placed on the individual owners to insure their vehicles meet the required cleanliness levels. If it doesn't, then the owner is forced to either repair the non-compliant vehicle, or scrap it....Once again see what I said above about that....

That said, why not attack pollution, especially air pollution which is what all the vehicle emissions crap is about anyways, on a wholesale level? I mean we can take rainwater from the sky and channel it where we want it, in many cases. We can move, and treat billions of gallons of water, sewage, etc, etc every day, to insure we have a clean, sanitary living conditions. Now tell me, why not do the same with the air?

Think about it, the BIG cities that have the worst problems have to reply on millions of people to keep their air clean, not to mention the government spending ((ie our tax dollars at work) just to keep the air clean. So, why not just create scrubber plants that vacuum the pollutants from the road ways, treat them, and release clean air back into the atmosphere. I mean we can do the exact same thing for million of people with what we call "utility" services, why not so the same with the air???????

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back