Re: Ferguson-Sherman A-BO-20 Disc Harrow

JTM528N

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by Leroy on February 02, 2003 at 08:01:10.
The original subject was "Re: Ferguson ABO20 Disc Harrow".

Original text pt1:
Posted by Steve Putman on January 30, 2003 at 14:56:08 from (130.91.229.120):
I"m trying to get an old disc harrow operational and to connect it to my Ferguson TO-20. The harrow is an early pull type from about 1940-42, which was superceeded by a partial lift and then a full lift type a few years later. This one, in addition to the swinging drawbar connection uses a neat trick. The lift arms are disconnected from the lower lift arms and connected to a special boomerang shaped piece. This piece is connected to a bracket which mounts under the tractor seat, and to the harrow by means of a long rod and u-shaped connector. When the lift arms are raised they lift this boomerang which in turn pulls back the rod connected to the harrow, which in turn straightens the discs so that the implement rolls along without churning up the ground until you get where you"re going. You then lower the lift arms and thus angle the discs which allow the implement to do its work.
The problem is that I have none of these connection pieces nor have I ever seen anything but pictures of them. Does anybody have some of this stuff to either sell or at least measure so I can try to reproduce them?
Thanks.

Original text pt2:
Posted by Leroy on February 02, 2003 at 08:01:10 from (216.255.39.248):
In Reply to: Ferguson ABO-20 Disc Harrow posted by Steve Putman on January 30, 2003 at 14:56:08:
T have in my hand the parts list for a model A-BO-21 Tandem disc harrow, Form 3183-A, book dated june 1952 and supersedes catalog dated Febuary 1945 form 0-3183, under instructions it says, The model change from the A-BO-20 to the A-BO-21 took efect at Serial Number 22700. At this time a new hitch was incorperated. To convert an A-BO-20 Tandem Disc harrow with the old style hitch to an A-BO-21 Tandem Disc Harrow with the new style hitch, order details listed under A-BO-90 on page 5. I do have some of those parts but not all but with the pictures in the parts book they could be made. also have a parts book for the Dearborn version that is the same disk except for the paint.

My new post of 3-24-08:

I know I am about 5 years late!
I have a Ferguson-Sherman Type A-BO-20 Tandem disc harrow, Serial number 10469 (I still have the name plate) c1940"s. It is complete with all components to connect to the upper lift arms of a Ford N series and I assume many Ferguson tractors. I also have the swinging draw bar that hangs on the original draw bar. I can get you (or anyone else) detailed pictures and dimensions so you can fabricate you own. I also made an alternate hitch that allows a faster attachment without unbolting the lift arms.

I am considering selling my harrow. I would like to sell it complete to someone who recognizes it as a piece of "classic" old iron.

If you need replacement wood bearings, check this website: http://www.woodexbearing.com/snowblow.php#harrow
Based on the information from Leroy I bet they are the same bearings.

I am located in RI.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back