Re: Hydraulics

Ultradog MN

Well-known Member
Location
Twin Cities
CJ,
At least half of us here use Classic view
which doesn't connect to old posts. So we
don't know what in the heck you are talking
about and often aren't willing to click
over to Modern to find out.
Keep that in mind.
It looks like you have a 1976 and later
4600 size tractor. There is a tube in the
front/right corner of the top cover. It
wants to pull up out of the body of the
tractor. You need to lower the cover a bit
then reach in between the two castings with
a pliers and push it down. That is the only
way to get the cover off.
I don't think you can service the pto brake
from under the lift cover. You need to
split it again to do that.
 
PTO shaft seems ok now.
Bucket still good.
Power steering leak is fixed. It was the line itself at the first bend out of the column. Soldered up fine.
I think the diesel leak is stopped. Never did figure out where it was coming from. Lower on the priority list though.

The 3pt arms are only functioning on the draft control lever. Position control doesn't have any effect. It was working before I pulled the lift cover off. Anyone have any guesses what I might have done?
I did install a new arm and stud under the seat in the rear end. Maybe I didn't adjust that correctly?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top