Re: Kubota M6060 loosing power

Keith Molden

Well I tried all the suggestions and couldn't find the problem so off to the dealer with it. With so few days without rain this summer and the temps in the 90s, I can't afford to be without it very long so I'm gonna let them fix it. I know it will probably cost me, but at least I can get it back in the field doing what it's supposed to (hopefully). I'll let you guys know what they find. Keith

I told my dealer when I brought my last new Kubota, I have four of them, he better put me at the front of the line if it breaks during the warranty period. Hopefully yours will do that for you. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mine doesn't, and I've bought three new Kubota tractors within the last 3 1/2 years.

Dean

It's been a great tractor so I' not wanting to trade up they'll find the problem and fix it. Supposed to get quite a bit of rain the next few days so it'll be OK as long as they find and fix the problem. I've had nothing but good results from this dealer and tractor, it's the first problem I've had with it. I figure that will be the case again. Don't want to trade up and keep making payments, this one's almost 1/2 paid off then I won't owe anybody, and that's the way I want it. LOL

Dean that really can get touchy at a dealership. First of all if you have bought that many tractors he is going to WANT to take care of you if he has any sense at all. But then you run the risk as a dealer you are showing favoritism. I have one sod farm that runs 18 Kubota tractors so if I have John Does tractor in there for a clutch job and they drive up do I push his out to take care of the big customer. That guy may in fact need his one tractor worse than the big outfit. Never ending problem of shop utilization at the dealership. Several years ago we split the shop and mechanics into short side and long side. That is when a unit comes in we decide if the repair is something less than 4 hours or more, that determines which waiting list it goes on. Our goal is to not have anything wait more than three days till it is looked at. Most times the short side is in the day or less , but sometimes the long side can get stretched. Shop management to be fair to all is a real job.

I do realize that time allocation in the shop can be a no win situation for a dealer but I do not like to see the work stopped on my B3350 multiple times to move multiple "rush" jobs that just showed up ahead of it, especially when the senior tech to which my 3350 is assigned (the only tech competent to work on it) is going on vacation for a week and everyone knows it.

Did I mention that the B3350 has been in the shop for eight weeks?

Dean

Thoughtful reply JM. thanks.
And Keith, I am very interested how this all plays out so let us other Kubota owners know.

That is not good , think I might be talking to the dealership principal or manager, need to get your tractor out of there. Sounds like they need some more qualified help. One of the few advantages of getting larger, ( we now have 7 good mechanics) is able to take care of emergencies a little better still a hot seat to be one shop manager. Last month they billed right at 86% of their total time. The highest we have ever had and it is still hard to make a shop pay its way. KUBOTA says the shop should pay the dealership overhead, I just cannot make it work that way. Is you B work under warranty and what is the problem?

That sounds just like my 2017 M6060 did (twice) First time was at 350 hours and was still under warranty so
they replaced the injectors. Last time was on my dime to the tune of 4000. replaced the injectors again.
From what I understand they put injectors in them that the tolerance was too close and they caused this
problem. When they replaced them the first time they put the same part numbered ones in and at about the
same hours they did it again. The last time I bought the updated ones and so far this summer I have not had
any problems with it. I don't want to rain on your parade but it sure sounds like mine did. I changed
filters took the fuel cap off and did everything everybody suggested but new injectors was the only answer
to fixing the problem. Keith

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back