Ready to drill

SVcummins

Going to drill some triticale in the next ten days spending on Rain . Got the lz1010 unit drill resurrected they spent about 10 years parked with a broken caster wheel and i need of press wheels . John Deere 3020 powershift , John Deere 16 foot 100 tool carrier and John Deere lz1010 unit hoe drills
a281808.jpg

Looking Good! If those packers are like the ones I have on both my Melroe/ Kirshman and Case drills it is worth the time running a bead of weld around them at the tallest point, easier now than when they wear through it and start denting the wheels in and then they last and last,, you may well already know that to just a suggestion,, we have a winter storm bearing down on us tonight they say,, from the 10 day forecast I do not know if I will be able to finish my field work this year or not lol Thanks for the pics I always read your posts and follow your progress
cnt

Thanks . Ya that would be a good idea to run a bead around these they?re like brand new I don?t think the longest they?ve ever been on the road Is from my house to the back yard ! I really wish I could find a drill carrier Let that storm come I wouldn?t care if the tractor sank to the drawbar and had to be left until spring becuse the snow covered it .

Looks like some impressive equipment that you rescued. Did you have any trouble with Tribbles in the storage bins?;) Just loved that episode of Star Trek.

I?ve never watched Star Trek . I bought the drill a long time ago I welded the press wheels back together one time but the welds didn?t hold I?ve welded them on other drills and haven?t had much luck getting them to hold . I was going to lay a piece of half inch flat bar around the wheels and then weld that on then it would have two welds holding it together luckily I found a whole set of like new press wheels so I didn?t have to weld ended up getting 30 wheels only had to replace 10 so I should just about have a lifetime supply

Sorry it is kinda inside joke. A 1967 episode there was a valuable shipment of this grain, Cuadro-Triticale. As one of the carachters said a cross of Wheat and Rye producing a strong hybrid capable of growing in arid conditions...etc. These fuzzy creatures got into the storage bins through the air vents and eat it all. Thing is it had been poisoned. Ok guess that is all you need. Happy planting.
a281850.jpg

No that is captain James T Kirk , Whilliam Shatner. Also a big pile of dead and dieing tribbles from some kind of virus that makes the protein of food become an innert matter in the blood stream and you litterly eat yourself to death. The bad guys, Klingons did it.

I have owned a Donahue machinery trailer since we bought it new in 1976, mine is 32' long and equipped with the optional hyd jack, I cant even begin to guess how many miles I have pulled it,, I use it very little now days as I do not have to haul drills field to field anymore,, they are handy trailers for sure,,
cnt

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back