Real pleased:::supper

flying belgian

We really like the plain beef summer sausage the local meat market sells.(Schmidts Meat market, Nicollet Mn.) Our kids both know we really like it. So for a Christmas present they both bought a couple sticks for us. Wife bought a stick for us to serve at our Christmas gathering. (10 or less people social distanced in my 40X50 shop with vent fan running) Anyway, what we going to do with all that summer sausage. So yesterday I took 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 2 cans of milk, sautéed some onions and carrots and cut up summer sausage, took a can of corn and mixed it all together to simmer in crock pot for 2 hours. OMG, is that good. Having a bowl as I write this.
What you having?

Just had a chuck roast with mashed potatoes and carrots plus gravy. Ice cream for dessert.

Vegetable soup with ham. Used the last of our spiral cut ham from Christmas with a mix of veggies to make a crockpot full of soup. Multigrain italian bread from Publix to go with it.

We just finished.
Pan fried venison steaks, potatoes 'baked' in the microwave and a can of green beans.
And horseradish for the steaks and a glass of red wine.

pork chops baked in scalloped potatoes for dinner. on your recipe with the summer sausage, what kind of canned milk do you use? condensed, ? or evaporated?

Thanks for the reminder. Have about a quarter of a stick of the Minnesota (blueberry and wild rice) left in the fridge, Think I will go fix me meat and cheese plate for supper. Finished off a plain beef last nite. Love going there just to smell the aroma.

I'm thirty miles north of Mankato, go to Schmidt's regularly and have beef, venison and pork processed their also. I really like their German Beer Summer Sausage, it has the tang and texture that I like.

Pea soup with all the leftover ham from Christmas, diced carrots, and a Vidalia onion, simmered 6 hours in the slow cooker. Good stuff!

I like their little beef sticks they make.

You made a good hot dish of sorts there, I think that might be a Spam recipe?

My wife, my dad In the past, and 3 of my best friends absolutely hate any food that has any flavor to it or vegetables besides corn, so as good as that sounds to me, I really have no chance to make it. The onions and carrots are far too exotic for the digestive systems around me, and if you leave out those flavors then it is yet another bland mush that I’ve been eating all my life, no point to it. Sigh. It does sound good.

Paul

I love summer sausage as well. I slice them up and with a little block of cheese Sometimes I’ll put a couple slices on bread makes a pretty good sandwich 🥪

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back