rear axles leaking

ducky 55

New User
Well i changed the gear oil in my M and both rear axles are leaking by the ends and it is leaking from the plate that is behind the belly pump?. Are these fairly easy fixes? I have the rest of the tractor tore down getting it ready for a fresh paint job so I would like to get these leaks fixed before painting I think I have the rest of the leaks fixed. Thanks again for any help.
 
If you truly have the tractor tore down just put new seals in when you reassemble. Otherwise you're going to have to tear the tractor down a bit further to access where you need to install new seals.
 
(quoted from post at 04:46:50 09/16/21) If you truly have the tractor tore down just put new seals in when you reassemble. Otherwise you're going to have to tear the tractor down a bit further to access where you need to install new seals.
I should've said I have all the accessories, fuel tank, steering and other parts. I haven't got the rear tires off yet.I'll take them off this evening and see what I got.
 
The lower transmission shaft oil seal is likely leaking. You will have to drop the belly pump to access it. The CNHI online
parts page is down right now for updates so I will attach an alternative diagram. Number 71 will have to be loosened to
access number 70 the seal. If the diagram is blurry you can click it to open as a clearer picture. Make sure you have a
jack under the belly pump to lower it since it is quite heavy.
Parts diagram
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top