rear tractor tire

keh

I bought a Kubota M4000 years ago with a loader. I used it in all kinds of weather with no tire problems. A couple of weeks ago we had a cold spell, lows teens and 20s, highs barely above freezing. One
rear tire froze. I think the previous owner said it had antifreeze in it, but like I said it was years ago. Drove tractor enough so that the ice ruined the tube. Got some help and wee took the wheel off,
used a boom pole and chain to load it on a small cattle trailer, upright, chained it to one of the uprights. Took it to tire store where they removed tube, found a 1/2 inch cut in it, so I called for new
tube. They installed the new tube, I did not have and antifreeze or water installed. Got home, unloaded tire by myself, put it on tractor by myself. At first the wheel was slightly off the lug bolts, so I
rechained the wheel off center slightly so that the wheel turned in the right section when I picked the wheel up again. Managed to get a couple of lug bolts sticking through the holes and it was all over
then, tightene lug nuts on the expose bolts, slightly, and worked my way around. Put all the tractors up, the tools up, and was inside before dark. Snow on the ground next morning and we were back to cold
temperatures. not supposed to have to do this in my part of SC. I feel for you guys that have to work in the cold all winter. Weather now is warmer, but don't know how long it will last.

BTW, how much antifreeze is needed in a 14.9 x 28 tire?

KEH

We always put about 3 gallons in a tire that size here in Oconee County.
Never had one damaged by ice here.
Richard

Their a whole lot easier to do if the tire is still attached to the tractor. Glad you got her fixed.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back