Rebuilding 520 baler

Iowa770

New User
Just getting into the rebuild of my 520 baler. I"ve got the pickup off. It got bent on the underside some so that has to be straightened and then some new tines installed. I"ve got the roto flo assembly all out. What I"m finding is that most every bearing is out of the roto flo. I would say that it"s a good idea but too many bearings and bushings. Anyway, I"ll have this back in line in the next few months. I"ve got the knotter soaking in penetrating oil as it"s been outside on and off for the last few years. The grease zerks all took grease so that is good. Has anyone on here got any experience with the 20 or 10 series balers that may help me out. I"ll try to post some tear down pictures and try also to post the rebuild. I"m guessing this is going to be a timely thing but all in all it doesn"t look impossible. The sheet metal is all pretty good. I"ll be getting the parts breakdown soon. I"ve got all the other manuals for it. Anyway, all input is welcomed.
 
Is to make straw/hay with this 62W baler this summer. I just got it recently.

Good article in May/June 2007 issue of HPOCA magazine on the Oliver balers. You should try to get a backissue. http://www.hartparroliver.org/
ACF8637.jpg
 
The distance/spacing for the knotters is critical. Make sure you have the proper shims in place. If this is followed, there will be little problems with the knotters. The timing of the baler is also important to pay attention to.

Also, check the chains out carefully. There are about 4 different sizes on there and they only break when you are using them!


Good Luck, Larry NE IL
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top