Rebuilt my carb. New idle jet screwed in farther

Sigma.40

I just finished rebuilding the carb on my 52. I m a little concerned about the idle jet (the one in front of the float). The new one screwed in a couple mm farther than the one I took out. Is this ok? It threaded in and tightened up nicely, it s just a little deeper.

-Everything else went really well!

Not sure what you mean by screwed in a couple mm further? The position of the screws for idle and main jet are described by how many turns out from bottom. Typically the idle jet is 1-2 turns out from bottom. Do not screw in hard at bottom though. Tractors vary in this setting and should be adjusted to make tractor idle smooth.

https://www.myfordtractors.com/carburetor.shtml#adjust

(quoted from post at 06:26:54 12/17/23) Not sure what you mean by screwed in a couple mm further? The position of the screws for idle and main jet are described by how many turns out from bottom. Typically the idle jet is 1-2 turns out from bottom. Do not screw in hard at bottom though. Tractors vary in this setting and should be adjusted to make tractor idle smooth.

https://www.myfordtractors.com/carburetor.shtml#adjust

I mean the little jet that's inside the carb when you split the carb. The little brass jet that are a pain to get out. The new one seated further than the original.

A new idle jet installed

mvphoto112470.jpg

Me thinks you installed the econo jet in the idle jet hole. Idle jet on the right with a bigger head econo on left.

mvphoto112471.jpg

The port has a shoulder for the larger idle jet to seat again.

mvphoto112472.jpg

(quoted from post at 11:40:37 12/17/23)
A new idle jet installed

mvphoto112470.jpg

Me thinks you installed the econo jet in the idle jet hole. Idle jet on the right with a bigger head econo on left.

I didn t. I had 2 smal ones with 8-32 threads and one larger with 10-32 threads. The larger went in the idle spot.

mvphoto112471.jpg

mvphoto112472.jpg

(quoted from post at 11:40:37 12/17/23)
A new idle jet installed

mvphoto112470.jpg

mvphoto112471.jpg

mvphoto112472.jpg

I didn’t. I had 2 small ones with 8-32 threads and one larger with 10-32 threads. The larger went in the idle spot.

This post was edited by Sigma.40 on 12/17/2023 at 11:57 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back