Rental sale depreciation question

jhwis

Some of you guys have rentals. Owned a place for a few years and sold it January 2023. How do you figure the depreciation for that one month? Do I calculate the year's depreciation (3.636) and divide by 12 for January's amount? Or is there a difference decimal I gotta use? I can't find IRS clarity.... imagine that.

Some of you guys have rentals. Owned a place for a few years and sold it January 2023. How do you figure the depreciation for that one month? Do I calculate the year's depreciation (3.636) and divide by 12 for January's amount? Or is there a difference decimal I gotta use? I can't find IRS clarity.... imagine that.
best money I ever made was investing in a CPA.

Thanks for the obvious, Fellas and to be fair...you aren't wrong. However, just looking for someone on here who probably has the answer as they've been through it. The question sounds more complicated than it really is.

The difference between one twelfth and 31 days over 365 days is so close I'm thinking the IRS would not call you on it.

I believe Russ from Minnesota on here is a CPA. He would likely know the answer. You might try messaging him directly via the forum. Not sure exactly how that works though.

Hi there! I responded to the note you left on my profile. If you don't see it let me know. You are fine with how you handled that...the IRS will not have an issue with it. Dave H (MI CPA)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back